My photo
Mark is a 35 year old, ginger-haired and now fortunately balding, village club cricket player. An opening inswing bowler that doesn't swing it any longer. He wrote a Blog two years ago when preparing for a game a cricket on the flanks of Mt Everest and was told to carry on writing it.

Friday 11 July 2008

Waters on Everest - You What?

Morning All. Thanks for looking at my Blog - I'm pretty new to this type of stuff so I hope it works. To fill you in a little - next April I will be trekking to Mount Everest in aid of Comic Relief and The Himalaya Trust with a view to raising as much "moolar"as I can. I will be joining a group of people from a range of backgrounds and it should be a great adventure that will last 18 days over the course of next Easter. The brilliant idea is that we will play a game of 20/20 cricket at Gorak Shep Plateau - 1km trek away from Everest Base Camp. This will be the highest game of cricket, let alone any sport, ever played so I will hopefully be a record breaker too. Where's Norris? I'm told the surface "talks" a little to those of us with a mastery of the ball and plays merry hell with batsmen that like to drive off the front dog - but we shall see. It takes a certain type of fatso to have to fly half way across the world and trek up the highest range of mountains in the world, just to get a wicket or two. Anyway, the organisation has been impeccable and everybody seems to playing a part in getting everything off the ground. The trek will be hard and fitness is in the forefront of most people's mind so I need to try and get back to my distinguished racing -snake physique that reminds so many of a young Dennis Lillee. I will be in touch in due course to whack you all round the back of the head to cough up a few quid but I am waiting for the "nod"about all that.

I will be trying to update my "Blog" as frequently as I can; the idea being people reading will get the inside line on the group's preparations, fundraising activity, thoughts, etc - I hope it will be of interest. Onwards and upwards.................................................

No comments: