My photo
Mark is a 35 year old, ginger-haired and now fortunately balding, village club cricket player. An opening inswing bowler that doesn't swing it any longer. He wrote a Blog two years ago when preparing for a game a cricket on the flanks of Mt Everest and was told to carry on writing it.

Thursday 17 March 2011

Bugger

I can't type any more.

2 years ago I could - well, sort of. My fat sausage like fingers would fly round the keyboard like one of those "C" list celebrities does around the ice-rink on a Sunday night.

But now, look at me. I'm poking the keyboard like I'm trying to find out if a cat is alive or actually dead. 3 hours that bit took.

Anyhoo

2 years ago I took part in an event that made some impact on some of the world for a while. It was a great adventure without any form of pre-notion of whether it would succeed, in a land far, far away to raise cash for some great causes.

The team did it and I did it and everyone made it home safe and sound. Some of us were pleased to come out of it in one piece but for others it significantly changed the course of their lives, careers, personal hygiene and outlook.

Job done and mission accomplished. We raised about £150,000 for the Lord's Taverners and the Himalaya Trust UK.

Yesterday - literally two years later, I have just been asked to present the expedition to friends' son's school. ( I doubt my use of apostrophe's is right there. ... Or there. )

Since then, several people have suggested I carry on writing the blog - Induckers on Everest - as it served to cause some amusement in their lives - reading about me in various states of distress, undress and er, stress and, to be honest, I quite enjoyed writing it. So here I am, two years later and having another lash at it.

Not sure what I'm going to write about as yet, mind you and I'm not climbing up another mountain in the near future so I think I'm going to look to my own life, world, etc for inspiration. I play a lot of village cricket and live in a wonderfully rural community which usually presents moments of sheer amusement so I think I will use my Blog as a type of diary of notes and commentaries of who I am and where I live.

You still awake?



No comments: